Our Eco Footprint
Silver Island Yoga is completely off grid! We pride ourselves in offering our guests a complete eco-retreat experience. Being a private island, we have no access to mains water or electricity, so we use solar power to harness the sun's energy to light up the island and heat our water, which is collected and filtered from the winter’s rainfall.
We are passionate about the environment and implement the following best environmental practices:
- Locally produced 100% natural and biodegradable toiletries are also provided to our guests, as water is recycled for watering the gardens.
- Complimentary 100% natural non-toxic insect repellent
- A complimentary Greek eco-friendly water bottle made from stainless steel with a bamboo lid, so guests can refill their bottle as required.
- 100% complimentary cotton COCO-MAT slippers made with coconut fiber cut-offs from the mattresses they produce...This way nothing goes to waste.
- Our rooms have 100% cotton bedding, towels, beach wraps as well as hypoallergenic pillows and mattress protectors made from Aloe Vera.
- During the week the towels and sheets are not changed, only on request, to save water.
- We only use natural cleaning products with essential oils.
- Our toiletries are locally made 100% natural and biodegradable. We buy in bulk and decant into our dispensers, so there are no individually packaged items which reduces waste.
- All our lighting is energy-efficient and run of solar power.
- We serve organic and local-grown, locally sourced food
- We implement grey-water recycling, which is the reuse of kitchen, bath and laundry water for garden and landscaping
- All our waste is recycled and our wet waste is composted.
- We encourage a non-smoking environment but have a designated area for those who do smoke
- The paint we use for the buildings is Eco-friendly and non-toxic
- We love to up-cycle.
- Our olive farm is organic
- We don't have WiFi and encourage our guest to embrace a digital detox while with us!
- And we support our local community's development by sourcing everything locally