PACKING FOR THE RETREAT
As you get ready we would like to offer some suggestions about what to bring. The number one suggestion is not to "over pack" because we want you to have as stress-free travel experience as possible. And the other key thing to know is that if you do forget something you will be able to get it in Greece.
What to Bring?
- Clothes that you can stretch and breathe in - but don't over-pack!
- Sweaters & warm clothes - bring layers of clothing, as it will get cooler in the evenings and mornings. In April, May, September and October bring a sweater or jacket. It may also rain during these months.
- Prescription and OTC medications. There is a pharmacy in the local town but is a boat ride away.
- Bathing suit, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Mosquito repellent (No DEET)
- IPod or Musical instruments
- Beach clothes & flip flops (or any amphibious shoes)
- Walking shoes
- A notebook for when you feel inspired
- Books that you wish to donate to our library.
- A book / reading light to read at night in your bed or a head light as the lighting in the rooms is quite dim
- Cash: Get Euros before you leave. Upon arriving in Athens, ATM machines are available. However there is no ATM machine in the local town, so make sure you have enough cash for your travels.
- Alarm Clock to get up for your morning yoga practice
- Plug adapters to charge your electronics. Our plugs are the standard European two pronged plugs.
- Back up batteries
- Camera with extra memory cards and binoculars if you wish
- Emergency phone numbers /contact numbers to report credit cards lost or stolen
What not to bring?
- Yoga props and mat (we supply the mats and have plenty of blankets, blocks, straps and meditation cushions)
- Laptop computers - as we have no Internet.
- Credit cards - we don't take them.
- Hairdryers or any other large electrical equipment
- Soap and shampoo - we provide guests with luxury quality biodegradable Greek products that we recommend using, as we recycle water for irrigation.
- Towels - we will provide you with shower towel and a beach wrap
As we are still in Europe we highly recommend that you check an online weather report prior to your journey or use the link provided below.