A typical day on Silver Island:
- Pre Yoga snack of dried fruits, nuts, coffee and tea
- Morning outdoor Yoga, surrounded by nature and the sea
- Breakfast - A typical Greek breakfast of yogurt, fruit and nuts and Lissa’s delicious granola!
- Free time
- Lunch, a variety of nutritious Mediterranean inspired foods, locally sourced or grown, seasonal and prepared with love
- Afternoon relaxation - massages, siesta, hang out on the beach, go exploring, whatever you want....time to just be
- Late afternoon Yoga, as the sun begins to set
- Delicious dinner under the stars
- Hang out, go to bed, read or star gaze
You can participate in as many or as few of the activates as you would like. It’s your holiday, we want you to find a pace that is enjoyable for you.
Why a yoga retreat?
Taking the time to go on a retreat is an important practice in self-care, as retreats are a brilliant way to break free of old patterns, release limitations, let go of fear and step into the space of courage and new possibilities, inspiring your path forward. A retreat can invite change and renew inspiration in our lives. It gives you the gift of time, time to focus on yourself, your needs and what makes you happy, reconnecting you to your life’s purpose.
In this day and age of busy-ness and distraction, taking time out with oneself just to notice, to restore, and to hold oneself with gentleness and kindness is the remedy and counterbalance. The practice of mindfulness, or present moment awareness is, simply put, a gift to oneself and an opportunity to reconnect with what is important.
A retreat is often a transformative experience that gives you time to restore, strengthen and heal. If you are feeling physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually stressed or burnt out you can pretty much guarantee that you will benefit from going on a yoga retreat. You can choose to transform anything in your life, and yoga retreats provide a great environment to support you as you do this, helping you align with who you really are.
Retreats allow you to go deeper because we leave behind the usual distractions and arrive into a space of self-reflection where we return 'home', to the very essence our true nature, which is freedom and pure joy. This can be understood by the yogic term, pratyahara.
This is also your holiday, so you have the time to meet new people, laugh, eat yummy home grown, sun ripened seasonal foods, go for long walks in nature, swim in the crystal blue sea or just sit peacefully in the sunshine and be.
"There is no need to be concerned about worries. Choose to just BE. Do not try to be quiet, do not make from 'being quiet' a chore to be done. Do not be concerned about being 'quiet', or unhappy about 'being happy'. Just be aware of your 'BE-ing' and remain aware - do not say 'yes, I am, and now what's next?' There is no 'next' in 'I am'. It is a state beyond time." Nisargadatta Maharaj
A gift to self.
Silver Island Yoga is not bound by any one particular yoga or spiritual tradition and have invited teachers who have studied many of the world’s great traditions and their teachings reflect the wisdom in all. We pride ourselves on sharing yogic teachings and mindfulness in a down to earth, fun manner inclusive of everyone’s level of experience. Our dedicated teachers are inspired and passionate about sharing their love and wisdom of yoga with everyone.
The yoga shala is fully equipped with mats, belts, blocks, cushions and blankets and is situated between the main house and Villa with spectacular sea views. We also have a meditation platform at the top of the island, which is perfect for sunrise meditations.
What Yoga will do for you:
- The physical benefits: Creates a toned, flexible, and strong body. Improves respiration, fitness, stamina and endurance. Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism and improves the functioning of the internal organs. Promotes cardio and circulatory health. Relieves pain. Helps you look and feel younger than your age. Improves your energy and vitality.
- The mental benefits: A calmer more relaxed state of mind. Reduces stress, tension and anxiety, helps you relax and handle stressful situations more easily. Teaches you how to quiet the mind so you can focus your energy where you want it to go. Encourages positive thoughts, openness, mindfulness and self-acceptance.
- The spiritual benefits: Builds awareness of your body, your feelings, the world around you, the needs of others. Promotes interdependence between mind, body, and spirit. Helps you live the concept of "oneness."