Yoga+Ayurveda+Aromatherapy: A Journey Toward Natural Healing
Check availability / Book now
My style of yoga:
Slow Flow Vinyasa, restorative, and alignment based
My retreat offering:
This is an introduction and exploration of the “sister” sciences, Yoga + Ayurveda. These schools of thought support each other and offer us tools to cultivate: optimal health and wellness, mental balance, clarity and spiritual prosperity.
Ayurveda is an elemental science. Once we know the qualities and characteristics of the 5 elements, and how they react in our own bodies, we are able to make more informed health choices which will bring us back to our true nature. Ayurveda teaches us know ourselves intimately, our true nature, as compared to how we are currently feeling. Ayurveda aides in our deeper understanding of how to live in harmony within ourselves and has guidelines which enhance a life in balance. I offer everyone the opportunity to take a questionnaire to learn more their true nature as related to their current feelings. This will give you a gauge to track your health.
Yoga, means union, and offers us the complimentary tools and techniques to keep our body, mind and spirit healthy. Learn simple yet profound techniques that optimize health & wellness through;
Yogasana (Yoga practice)
A physical and mental practice that teaches us to live a life of balance. I like to teach a “Slow Flow Vinyasa” style class where we coordinate the breath and movement to create a moving meditation. This easily accommodates all levels of practitioners from the beginner to the advanced student. The morning practice will be more invigorating. The evening Yoga practice is more restorative and contemplative, where the postures are held for longer periods of time using the support of props.
Aromatherapy (The science of plant based remedies)
Did you know that aromatherapy is being used for more than massage? Learn what essential oils are and how they can support all aspects of your health.
Satsang (The “gathering of like minds” for discussions on specific topics)
The evening class time id dedicated for restorative Yoga practice, meditation, pranayama (breathing exercises), mantra (chanting) and mudra (hand seals or symbols) as well as for discussion, exploration and experimentation. We will also explore the Chakra System (the energetic body).
Svadyaya (Self study)
We will utilize our free time to relax, journal, meditate and explore the vast facets of ourselves as well as free time to enjoy the exquisite and sublime beauty of the island.
Who would benefit from my teachings:
Everyone will benefit from learning Yoga + Ayurveda + Aromatherapy basic principles. This retreat is an all levels experience. I like to create a safe space for those who are fairly new to Yoga to the more advanced student. There is something for everyone here.
What you will take home:
I will introduce the basic principles of Ayurveda + Aromatherapy and share many tips that you can take home and integrate into your daily routine. As we break down the basic principles of these subjects according to everyone's individual nature, you will leave fully equipped to manage your own health using all natural remedies and customized practices! You will learn about:
- Prakruti (true nature) + Vikruti (current state of being)
- Doshas and what they are
- DIY Self Care Techniques
- Cleansing and detox principles & practices
- Ayurvedic Recipes for health + wellness
- Ayurveda + Aromatherapy basics
- Aromatics that target your personal needs and health issues
My other special offerings:
- Ayurvedic Health Consultations which includes recommendations on personalized diet & lifestyle practices - €200, 2-3 hours.
- Ayurvedic Facial. Customized to your skin type and needs using organic ingredients €60 per hour.
- AromaTouch Technique®. In this aromatherapy session, 8 specific essential oils are used to reduce stress, anxiety and create a sense of grounding, boost and protect the immune system, reduce pain and inflammation in the body and create homeostasis. I use doTERRA's Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils - €50 for 45 minutes.
- Basti “The dwelling of oil” to relieve muscle, joint and back pain - €45 per 45 minutes
- Indian Head Massage - €50 per 30-45 minutes
- Nyasa "Nose treatment" where oil is warmed and dropped into the nasal cavity to relieve sinus pressure, allergies, gain mental clarity, aide in clear breathing, rid the body of excess dosha and has positive affects on eyes, ears and lungs - €25 per 30 minutes.
- Karna Purna Warm oil is poured into the ear an ear treatment which reduces and heals issues relating to the ears. €50 per 40 minutes.
- Traditional Thai Massage €80 per hour, €120 per 1.5 hours.
- Access Consciousness Bars, Re-pattern the brain to let go of limiting thoughts, beliefs and patterns. €80, 1 hour.
- Katerina will also be offering shiatsu therapy sessions at €80 / £63 per hour
Why I teach yoga:
I teach Yoga because of the joy and energy I receive while doing so. I have learned countless lessons in the scope of practice which help me live a more balanced, healthy and fulfilled life. Yogic philosophy makes sense to me and guides me through the sometimes murky and turbulent waters of my life with a bit more ease and fluidity. The gifts of Yoga have saved my life and my intention is to share these benefits with you, so you, too, will begin to live life with more health, awareness and bliss!